Friday, January 9, 2015

Oceanside Part 3: The Wolf Speaks

Evenstown was a nothing town that lived in the shadow of its giant prison. The Shithole as it was known was by far the most massive building in the city and turned the name tiny suburb of Oceanside into a threat. Even the local stores sold T-Shirts promoting the fact that they were home to a Supermax that housed some of the world’s most dangerous criminals.

          Keith had made the 50 mile drive from Oceanside down to Evenstown to have a meeting with the man that made him famous. Over thirty years ago Keith had captured the psychopathic maniac known to the media as the Wolf. The man was from the same mold as Keith with the same freakish strength and power but unlike Keith he’d used that power for violence and chaos.

          Entering the Shithole Keith felt nervous. He didn’t exactly know what if any information the Wolf would have for him but he knew he had to ask. He felt bad subjecting the guards to having to bring the Wolf to a visitation room and risk their safety in the process. Keith walked past the visitation room for the normal convicts and made his way to the elevator, he was heading deep into the depths of the prison.

          Getting to this point required a waiver that said you promised not to sue if you didn’t get out of the Shithole alive. Keith had one filed on record from the day he caught the Wolf. They had many conversations since that day and every one of them had unsettled Keith. The two men hadn’t talked in over a decade but now Keith was sitting on his side of the glass waiting for the Wolf to be brought to him.

          The door on the other side opened and the Wolf was bound hand and foot in chains, chains Keith thought the Wolf could break with ease if he’d so desired it. A guard on either side of the Wolf led him to his chair while four more men stood in the background with their nightsticks at the ready. Keith figured it might take maybe fifteen seconds for the Wolf to break his chains and kill all six of them.

          The Wolf sat in his chair, his face looked sunken and drawn, and his hair was shoulder length and pure white. For all the weakness his body showed his horrible emerald eyes showed the fire of the man’s soul and the strength Keith knew was hidden inside him. The Wolf smiled a weak smile and a guard helped put the phone up to his ear.

          “No mask? Guess everyone knows who you are anyhow, old man like you, like us don’t matter much anymore anyhow.” The Wolf said in a polite southern accent.

          “What do you know about a criminal named Doc Silver?” Keith asked him.

          “How could I know anything about anyone? You locked me away in here all those years ago. I spend twenty three hours a day locked away in my little cell, then they give me one hour to lift weights and run in the yard. Awful sweet of them to afford me such luxury.” The Wolf replied, a grin crept across his face.

          “We both know you don’t spend your time in your cell. We both know their schedule benefits you greatly, gives you all the time you need to do whatever you want.” Keith replied with anger in his voice.

          “I’ve been to all the beaches in Europe. Climbed the Eiffel Tower. I’ve seen nature at its most primal and raw in Africa. In the past five years I’ve learned how to commune with people. I met a beautiful young girl in Japan and gained her trust over two long years until finally once day she let me enter her body. Do you know what it’s like to get fucked when you’re a woman? The orgasm isn’t so base and mechanical like a man’s is, it’s spiritual, almost beautiful. Of course I had her butcher her boyfriend and three others before the police subdued her. It was quite the scandal in that peaceful little nation.” The Wolf chuckled and Keith winced, his laugh was demonic.

          “Why didn’t you ever try to figure it out? You have the same gifts I do. Only you spent all your time training your body, never your mind. You never unlocked all the secrets you and I were meant to discover. Like how to breed. Not that you’ve even been trying.” The Wolf taunted him.

          “I met a girl last night.” Keith replied with a smirk.

          “Good on you. Of course you can’t get her pregnant. You never bothered to work that out, how to continue our incredible genes. I was obsessed with it once I figured out what I was. It took a few months till I found the answer. Our sperm don’t play by the rules, it’s supposed to be one gets into the egg and the rest lose, but you and I both know losing isn’t an option for us, so the other sperm break in also and kill the egg and therefor no baby, nothing. I used an eye dropper and just the tiniest bit of semen and I barely penetrated the woman. With a half dozen women and working at it for four years I managed to get three children. One played pro football for seventeen years as an offensive lineman. Another was a girl who is a highly sought after body guard. The third sadly was born white and thus his desire for carnage and chaos in Africa leaves him on the outs with the tribes. They don’t tolerate pale faces, but he still does his work, only it’s from the shadows. I’ve done so much, and yet people think you beat me.” The Wolf shook his head as he finished.

          “I did beat you. I put you in here. Everything else is bluster and bullshit.” Keith told him.

          “Those few seconds after we fell off that cliff, it was all dumb luck who landed where. Just so happened that you were on top of me and broke my leg on impact.” The Wolf responded.

          “I shifted my weight. I saw what was coming when the fall began and I made sure you bore the impact.” Keith told him.

          “That’s really why you’re here. To rub it in my face that you won. To remind yourself of your glory days. To look at the only other man who knows what it’s like to be a God like you do and to see if age has broken me down like it did you. Well I got some bad news for you, you won’t have me to torment for much longer. Four years ago they found cancer in my lung, aggressive cancer, the kind of shit that doesn’t wait around for you to make your arrangements for your death and just dropped you quick. They gave me three months but I knew I’d outlast that. I had no idea how long I had, but now I can feel it getting to me. I got maybe three years left, maybe less and this shit will put me down. No amount of meditation or astral projection will fix it.” The Wolf finished and the two men stared at each other for a minute.
         
“I don’t swing by Oceanside much. I don’t check up on you anymore, you bore me, and lord knows you would screw with my astral projection murders, and they take fucking forever to set up. So no I don’t know anything about this Doc Silver fellow who has you all flustered.” The Wolf paused and gave an evil smile to Keith. “You know that Spooky Brian would have the answers for you, but you don’t want to see him. He’s not a reminder of your great victory. He’s the one that got away. The case you couldn’t close. You’ll have to humble yourself and go to him if you want dirt on this asshole.” The Wolf said.

“You want a show don’t you? Want me to rip up these guards like they were nothing, show you how us old men still got it? Well fuck you, you don’t get a show. Maybe I’ll just find your new woman, maybe I’ll start talking to her, chicks dig ghosts. Next time you fuck her, you’ll be fucking me.” The Wolf said and he hung the phone up. The guards took him away as the Wolf stared Keith down until finally the door to the visitor’s room slammed shut.


The Wolf was right about a lot of things, but more than that he was really rubbing Keith’s nose in the fact that he needed Spooky Brian’s help. If there was anyone on either who knew how to defend against a paranormal attack it was Spooky Brian. To get info on Doc and to protect Maggie Keith was going to have to swallow his pride and see him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment