Thursday, July 24, 2014

Stuff coming to the blog

I feel good that I was able to get myself to finish the Sasha The Assassin series cause the two ideas I had in my head for a long time finally got together and had a kid. Idea one was ten rings of power that were fought over for control of a kingdom and the other was a female assassin character murdering stuff she could murder and talking her way out of situations where murder wasn't an option. I don't know if/when Sasha will have further adventures but if I come up with another storyline for the character I'll put in work on it.

Now for the big project I've been working on for years on end. It's a novel I've bored many of my friends to tears about and it's art is my facebook banner. The story has the working title of "The War" and it is simply put about two nations going to war.

The elevator pitch of the novel would go something like "Game of Thrones with far fewer sides, better technology, no magic and only one dragon." And here is where I put in my plea for you to believe me that I was working on this long before I knew about the books and the show hadn't even existed yet. I know this puts me on the same shaky ground as the Hunger Games author who savaged Battle Royale but at the very least I don't think my characters/story are a take off of the books/show in any way.

So while I start to steal myself on the process of finally finishing the first draft of the first book of the series I figured I'd use this blog to write little slices of life of each of the main characters of The War before the war happened. The cast is rather large so I have a pretty big pool of characters to play with so at least once a week I'm going to try to sit down and hammer out about a thousand or so words about a day in the life of a character before the events that led up to the great conflict happened. This will be a way for blog readers to get to know these characters before I make the novel and it'll be a good exercise for me to help to get to better know the people I'll be having fight each other in a battle that will rock their nations to their foundations.

Thanks everyone who has given the blog a look see and I hope to give you some content to read and enjoy over the coming months.


No comments:

Post a Comment